Alberta CS4L Advisor
Vicki Harber - University of Alberta, Faculty of Phys. Ed and Recreation and CS4L Expert
Alberta has Dr. Vicki Harber as our LTAD expert to provide guidance to the P/T Government partners and also advise our sector leads. She is a passionate advocate for developing physical literacy and is a CS4L expert.
- CS4L Summit: attended the Leadership Meeting -- report pending CS4L Year In Review 2011. Coordinated theMoving PL Forward preconference attended by Colin Higgs, Elaine Danelesko, Stephanie Wierl, Jamie Mandigo, Andrea Grantham.
- Objective: A
cross-sectoral think tank to discuss "next step" collective
strategies to further PL initiatives in Canada (see attached for
DRAFT Abbreviated Minutes).
Excellent content across several sectors....still missing Health, excellent engagement from Education and Recreation. Will be connecting with Sport Medicine Council of Alberta (SMCA) regarding CS4L/LTAD/PL initiatives.
- PL Messsenger training -- building powerpoint presentations for
CS4L champions to use in the field to promote and discuss PL in
Excellent Talent Panel topics.
Stephen Norris's ending keynote ruffled more than a few feathers...."if you aren't going to help, get out of the way.
- Aside from CS4L Summit:
NSO's feeling no support/guidance about how to implement LTAD. PSO's also feel no support from NSO. Alberta is lagging in LTAD implementation...must get on it!
- Working on coordinating PL training across different delivery formats (eg NCCP - FMS workshop, PHE Canada, AFLCA - EAK training) to place in high schools, university curriculum.
- CS4L experts
- other research initiatives surrounding CS4L/LTAD
- liasion to the Alberta Ambassadors
- consultant to provinical organizations
- faciitating FMS clinics and research